I love getting the chance to share the things I’m most passionate about in the form of speaking opportunities, panel discussions, podcasts, and interviews. Here are some of my favorite interviews and events:
The Business Matchmaker: Why Email Matters Now More Than Ever
StyleBlueprint & The Nash Gals Network | Nashville, TN (February 2020)
Whether you’re a business owner, influencer, blogger or creative, growth is your goal. But in a noisy digital landscape, how can you truly connect with customers and build brand loyalty over time? In this talk, I discussed why email continues to be the highest performer in digital marketing and how making some small optimizations can deliver big results.
Breakout Session: 3 Ways to Dramatically Improve Your Email Results
Digital Summit Series | Tampa, FL (August 2018), Detroit, MI (September 2018), Chicago, IL (September 2018)
Email is the most widely used communication tool in business. Yet, too many email marketing programs are on autopilot, and so-so open and clickthrough rates are often accepted as the nature of the email game today. But email can do more. And email can do better. In this session, I shared how to break through inbox clutter and exceed audience expectations with personalized, relevant email marketing campaigns.
Fireside Chat: Tech Ladies x Ladies Get Paid
Ladies Get Paid x Tech Ladies @ WeWork | Nashville, TN (June 2019)
In my conversation Lauren Lockridge-Davis, a fellow Ladies Get Paid Nashville founding member, we shared how we’ve navigated the world of negotiating and what we’ve learned along the way, answering questions such as “How do I negotiate a job offer?” and “How do I ask for a raise?
Panel Discussion: The Pay Gap
Ladies, Wine & Design Nashville @ Redpepper | Nashville, TN (October 2017)
Here’s the reality: The number most frequently cited is that women earn between 77–79 cents to 1 dollar a man earns. It can be hard to know what you should be making in your role and specific industry, and even harder to know how to get it. I was one of three featured speakers asked to share their experiences with the gap and advice on how to negotiate to make what you’re worth.
Panel Discussion: Women in Technology
Middle Tennessee State University | Nashville, TN (January 2018)
I joined fellow WiTT Board members as the guest speakers at MTSU’s Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP) meeting. The discussion included advice breaking into the tech industry, bridging the gender gap, most important skills for a recent graduate, how to challenge yourself and keep your enthusiasm for your career alive, and many more excellent questions submitted by the students.
Press & Interviews
- Nonprofit Email Open Rates Rise Nearly 5% In 2019: Report | Forbes (2020)
- How to keep your email marketing effective | CMO (2020)
- Why SMEs need to take a generational approach in marketing | Elite Business Magazine (2020)
- Report Shows Increase in Email Marketing Engagement for 2019 | Martech Advisor (2020)
- 38% of US Consumers Driven to Action by Email Marketing | Small Biz Trends (2020)
- 5 Small Business Technology Trends for 2020 | SME Technology Guide (2020)
- Existing Donors Prefer Email; Facebook Leads In Donor Acquisition | Forbes (2019)
- Leveraging Email to Build Customer Loyalty & Customer Retention Strategy | Kickbox (2019)
- Sharing is caring (when it comes to salary data) | Nashville UX (2018)
- “Real Women Need a Few Good Women” with Lane Harbin | HeyLove Podcast (2018)
- 6 Women on Their Nighttime Self-Care Routines | The Washington Post (2017)
- 10 Things You Can Do to Take Care of Yourself Before Work | The Washington Post (2016)