Content Strategy Case Studies
I am a digital marketing and content strategist with extensive experience creating and directing work for different brands, audiences, and industries.
The writing below has helped brands like Campaign Monitor and Golden Spiral boost organic traffic and raise brand awareness in order to attract, convert, and retain more paying customers.
Campaign Monitor: Content Campaigns
About: At Campaign Monitor, I created a B2B landing page titled “Email Marketing Benchmarks for 2019: By Industry & Day”. This report leveraged proprietary product data to create a timely, comprehensive guide to 2019 email marketing benchmarks that drilled down into how industry-specific campaigns performed based on billions of Campaign Monitor customer emails.
- 25K+ visits within first three months of publishing
- Ranks in the No. 1 position for a very competitive key search term
- Over 8M+ earned impressions through media coverage
- Media Post: How Do You Rate? Email Performance Benchmarks
- Chief Marketer: Timing Matters in Email Marketing Report
- Small Biz Trends: Email Marketing Statistics
About: At Campaign Monitor, I led the creation of a premium guide titled “The Ultimate Guide to Gen Z Marketing in 2019″ after noticing a gap in the market. Though marketing publications were constantly talking about millennials, not many were talking about Gen Z. For our target audience, email marketers, Gen Z is an important demographic to understand and reach with marketing. This report leveraged responses from 600+ Gen Zers to create a thorough, informational guide to understanding the world’s newest big spenders.
- 10K visits within first three months of publishing
- Ranked in the No. 1 position for key search term within two weeks
- Over 47M+ earned impressions through media coverage
- Forbes: How to Reach College Students with Your Marketing Efforts
- MarTech Advisor: Gen Z — Everything Marketers Need to Know
- Marketing Tech News: Why Gen Z Will Change Marketing
About: While at Campaign Monitor, I helped launch and write a series of competitive comparison pages that gave ESP buyers a clear-eyed look at the differences between our product and our top competitors. This down-funnel content captured organic traffic and provided a resource for our buyers during the consideration phase of choosing a technology platform.
- Ranked in the No. 1 position for key search term within four weeks
- Leveraged by marketing and sales teams during key buying moments as the competitive landscape changed rapidly in 2019
About: At Campaign Monitor, I led the creation of a premium guide titled “The State of Small Business Marketing in 2019″ as a pillar piece of content for our multi-channel Small Business campaign, targeting SMEs who were interested in digital marketing. This report leveraged responses from over 1k small business marketers to show what was working, what wasn’t, and what marketing channels they were planning to invest in for the coming year.
- Resulted in 800+ downloads within the first week of launching
- Over 20K organic search impressions in 3 months
- Garnered 3,000+ hits in first month after launch
- Leveraged in paid Demand Generation efforts
Brand Guidelines & Blog Post Format
About: When I started at Campaign Monitor in March 2018, there was no documented content strategy or process. Within six months, I created a Multi-Channel Content Calendar, Brand Style Guide, a standardized Blog Post Template, a Content Analytics Dashboard, a system for incorporating SEO keyword research into our content creation process. I then provided training to in-house writers, freelancers, and vendors to onboard everyone to the new process and system
Results: Those added efficiencies allowed us to increase content production by 200% and reduce costs associated with our content marketing team by 50% within my first 6 months.
Golden Spiral: B2B Tech Marketing Content
At Golden Spiral, a marketing agency for technology companies, I wrote blog prospect-focused content for the agency site all about marketing best practices. In the course of nearly three years, I became an expert on all things SaaS marketing — or, as our CEO put it, “You essentially got a master’s degree in technology marketing.” I’ll take it. Here is a selection of articles from my time at Golden Spiral:
Client Work: Cybersecurity, HealthTech, CRMs, FinTech, Wearable Technology & More
In my agency and freelance experience, I wrote content for multiple industries within the technology space. Below, find examples of my writing on everything from cybersecurity to CRMs and more.
Wearable Technology Content
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Content
White Paper: Growing Banks in the Millennial Market (White Paper)
Introducing the New & Improved CRM 101 [White Paper] (White Paper)
Risk Management Content
Want to work together?
I’m always open to talking content! Jump over to my contact form and let me know what you’re working on and how we can collaborate.